Search This Blog

August 17, 2013

When it rains...

Well, we all know the saying. At my house it is definitely pouring. My plans of finishing this before classes started for fall semester have proven extremely optimistic.
(Excuse the blur in the corner, ipad cover was off a bit)
So instead of having a lovely finished quilt, I am halfway through 1 block.


It is currently draped over the couch, the only surface large enough(other than the bed)to quilt this on. It is actually upside down, the owls are intended to direct the flow of the quilt.

So the last 2 weeks we have had to take my husbands Gma to the emergency room, where they discovered that she broke her T12 vertebrae and they sent her to a larger hospital. That hospital fitted her for a brace and moved her on to rehab. Fortunately, we have had very good doctors. In about 2 weeks, after some healing and adjusting to the brace, along with working on her mobility while wearing it, she will be coming home.

At the same time I am in my senior year of college and will have an internship along with full time classes. I am Orientation Leader and secretary of our honor society. So, I will most likely disappear soon, hopefully to return around christmas. Perhaps a few short posts in between. 

In the middle of September is the Pin It! blog hop, hosted by Mdm Samm @ Sew We Quilt and Kristen @ Meadowbrook. This runs from the 10th - 17th. 

My day is the 12th, so I will need to find some time for that. Otherwise my days are going to be very full. Not sure how other people find the time to sew, but I'm fairly sure I'm not going to have the time.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt it is sometimes a challenge to find the time to stitch especially with your upcoming schedule !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are busy! The owl fabric is really cute in that quilt.

    ReplyDelete